CAUTION: To prevent damage, place the roof on an
1. Remove the roof.
• Roof front trim (see page 20-82)
• Roof side trim (see page 20-82)
• Roof side lock (see page 20-83)
3. Remove the roof lock guides.
NOTE: Replace the roof lock guides with new ones.
4. Clean the roof lock guide installing portion of the
roof side lock unit and rear roof stop guide with a
sponge dampened in alcohol.
NOTE: After cleaning, keep oil, grease and water
from getting on the surface.
5. Clean the new roof lock guides with alcohol.
6. Apply a light coat of silicone primer around the roof
lock guide bonding surface.
Let the primer dry for at least 30 minutes.
7. Apply the silicone sealant to the roof lock guides.
Apply the sealant to this area
all the way around.
8. Install the roof lock guides.
9. Scrape or wipe the excess sealant off with a soft
shop towel dampened with alcohol.
10. Install the roof side lock (see page 20-83).
NOTE: Make sure the roof side lock works smoothly.
11. Install the roof trim (see page 20-82).