• Prior to reassembling, clean all the parts in solvent,
dry them, and apply lubricant to any contact parts.
• Press the 3rd, 4th and 5th gears on the countershaft
• When installing the 3rd, 4th and 5th gears, support
the shaft on steel blocks, and install the gears using
• Install the 3rd, 4th and 5th gears with a maximum
pressure of 1,000 kg, then press all three gears with
a pressure of 2,600 kg.
NOTE: To reassemble, see page 13-29.
1. Support the countershaft on a steel block as shown,
and install 3rd gear using a press.
2. Install 4th gear using a press as shown.
3. Install 5th gear using a press as shown.
4. Install the needle bearing using a press as shown,
then install the bearing outer race.
5. Install the ball bearing using a press as shown.
6. Securely clamp the countershaft assembly in a
bench vise with wood blocks.
7. Install the spring washer, tighten the locknut, then
stake the locknut tab into the groove.
NOTE: The locknut has left-hand threads.
155 0 155 N-m
(15.5 0 15.5 kg-m, 112 0 112 Ib-ft)