Main Switch Replacement
All SRS electrical wiring harnesses are covered with
yellow outer insulation.
Before disconnecting the SRS wire harness, install
the short connector on the airbag (see page 23-323).
Replace the entire affected SRS harness assembly
if it has an open circuit or damaged wiring.
1. Remove the dashboard lower cover and disconnect
the 2-P connectors from the floor wire harness.
SRS MAIN WIRE HARNESS
CONNECTORS LIGHTS-ON CHIME
2. Remove the dashboard center panel.
3. Remove the tilt cover.
4. Remove the steering column lower cover and upper
5. Disconnect the 16-P connector and the 10-P
CAUTION: Be careful not to damage the SRS wires.
6. Remove the 4 screws from the lighting switch.
7. Remove the lighting switch (main switch).
Main Switch Test
1. Remove the dashboard lower panel and dashboard
2. If necessary, remove the knee bolster.
3. Check for continuity between the terminals in each
switch position according to the table.
View from terminal side