Windshield Wiper Motor
1. Open the hood and remove the cap nuts and the
wiper arms. Don’t let the wiper arms hit the hood.
2. Remove the windshield lower molding, hood seal
and air scoop by prying off the trim clips and
removing the screws (see page 23-293):
3. Disconnect the 5-P connector from the wiper
motor assembly, then remove the two mounting
bolts and the wiper linkage assembly.
WIPER LINKAGE ASSEMBLY
4. Remove the three mounting bolts and nut from the
wiper linkage assembly and remove the wiper
18 N·m(1.8 kg·m, 13 lb-ft) MOUNTING
8 N·m (0.8 kg-m,
5. Install the wiper motor assembly in the reverse ord-
er of removal.
Windshield Wiper/Washer Switch
All SRS wiring harnesses are covered with yellow
Before disconnecting any part of the SRS wire
harness, install the short connectors (see page
Replace the entire affected SRS harness assembly if
it has an open circuit or damaged wiring.
1, Remove the dashboard lower cover and disconnect
the connectors from the floor wire harness.
2. Disconnect the 18-P connector from the floor wire
CAUTION: Be careful not to damage the SRS
3. Remove the tilt cover.
4. Carefully remove the steering column lower cover
and upper cover.
5. Remove the four screws, then remove the hazard
warning switch and windshield wiper/washer