Fuel Injectors (cont’d)
Do not smoke during the work. Keep open flames away from your work area.
1. Relieve fuel pressure (see page 11-105).
2. Remove the intake manifold covers.
3. Disconnect the connectors from the fuel injectors and the IAT sensor.
4. Disconnect the vacuum hose and fuel return hose from the fuel pressure regulator.
NOTE: Place a rag or shop towel over the hoses before disconnecting them.
5. Disconnect the fuel hose from the fuel rail.
6. Loosen the retainer nuts on the fuel rail and harness holder.
7. Disconnect the fuel rail.
8. Remove the fuel injectors from the intake manifold.
9. Slide new cushion rings onto the fuel injectors.
10. Coat new O-rings with clean engine oil and put them on the fuel injectors.
11. Insert the fuel injectors into the fuel rail first.
12. Coat new seal rings with clean engine oil and press them into the intake manifold.
13. Install the fuel injectors and fuel rail assembly in the manifold.
CAUTION: To prevent damage to the O-rings. install the fuel injectors in the fuel rail first, then install them in the in-
(2.2 kg.m, 16 Ib.ft)
14. Align the center line on the connector with the mark on the fuel rail.
15. Install and tighten the retainer nuts.
16. Connect the fuel hose to the fuel rail.
17. Connect the vacuum hose and fuel return hose to the fuel pressure regulator.
18. Install the connectors on the fuel injectors and the IAT sensor.
19. Install the intake manifold covers.
20. Turn the ignition switch ON, but do not operate the starter. After the fuel pump runs for approximately two seconds,
the fuel pressure in the fuel line rises. Repeat this two or three times, then check whether there is any fuel leakage.