Antenna Mast Replacement
NOTE: The antenna mast alone can be replaced without
removing the power antenna motor.
1. Remove the antenna nut, O-ring, spacer, and bush-
2. Carefully withdraw the antenna mast while extend-
ing it by turning the radio switch ON.
Hold the antenna mast drive cable so its teeth point
in the direction shown, and carefully insert the drive
cable into the antenna housing.
Direction of the teeth
2. Check for engagement of the cable teeth to the
drive gear by carefully moving the cable up and
3. Clean the threads on the antenna mast housing
4. Turn the radio switch “OFF”, and let the motor pull
the drive cable inside the antenna housing.
5. Install the parts shown below.
CAUTION: Do not overtighten the antenna nut; the
rear fender will be deformed.
2.3 N-m (0.23 kg-m, 1.7 Ib-ft)
6. Check that the antenna mast extends and retracts
fully when the radio switch is turned ON and OFF