Retractor Motor Replacement
• Halogen headlights can become very hot in use; do
not touch them or the attaching hardware immediately
after they have been turned off.
• Do not try to replace or clean headlights with the lights
1. Remove the No. 42 (15 A) and No. 43 (15 A) fuses
from the under-hood fuse/relay box.
No. 43 (15A)
No. 42 (15A)
UNDER-HOOD FUSE/RELAY BOX
2. Turn the knob clockwise to raise the headlight.
3. Remove the two caps, four screws, and cowl clips.
4. Slide the headlight housing forward and up.
NOTE: Be careful not to damage the front bumper
or the headlight housing.
5. Disconnect the 6-P connector from the headlight
6. Remove the four mounting bolts, then remove the
7. Disconnect the 6-P connector.
10 N-m (1.0kg-m. 7.2 Ib-ft)
MOTOR ARM JOINT
8. Remove the two mounting bolts and the mounting
9. Pry the retractor linkage off the motor arm.
10. Pull out the retractor motor.
11. Install in the reverse order of removal, and:
• Make sure there is no interference between the
wire harness and linkage.
• Coat the joint with grease and make sure the link-
age moves smoothly.