Store a removed airbag assembly with the
pad surface up. If the airbag is improperly stored face
down, accidental deployment could propel the unit with
enough force to cause serious injury.
NOTE: Before removing the steering wheel, make sure
the front wheels are straight ahead.
SRS components are located in this area. Review the
SRS component locations, precautions, and procedures
in the SRS section 24 before performing repairs or ser-
1. Disconnect both the negative cable and positive
cable from the battery.
2. Remove the access panel from the steering wheel
lower cover, then remove the short connector.
3. Disconnect the connector between the airbag and
4. Connect the short connector to the airbag side of
CABLE REEL 3P
CONNECTOR SHORT CONNECTOR(RED)
5. Remove the Torx bolts using a Torx T30 bit, then
remove the airbag assembly.
CRUISE CONTROL SET/RESUME
7. Disconnect the connectors from the horn and cruise
control set/resume switches, then remove the cable
reel connector from its clips.
8. Remove the steering wheel nut.
9. Remove the steering wheel by rocking it slightly
from side-to-side as you pull steadily with both