1. Connect the SCS service connector to the service check connector under the glove box.
SCS SERVICE CONNECTOR
07PAZ – 0010100
2. Turn the ignition switch ON (II), but do not start the engine.
3. Record the blinking frequency of the EPS indicator light. The blinking frequency indicates the diagnostic trouble code
NOTE: Check the DTC carefully and record it. The memory of the DTC is erased if the connector is disconnected from
the EPS control unit.
EPS INDICATOR LIGHT
Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Indication
DTC Indication Pattern:
DTC: 11 DTC: 12
EPS Indicator light ON
EPS Indicator light OFF
Connect the SCS Turn the ignition
service connector switch ON (II)
0.36 seconds 1.3 seconds
• The DTC is indicated by a series of long and short blinks. One long blink equals 10 short blinks.
Add the long and short blinks together to determine the DTC.
• The DTCs are repeated sequentially beginning with the lowest number.
4. Remove the SCS service connector.
NOTE: The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) will stay on after the engine is started if the SCS service connector is
5. Remove the CLOCK (7.5 A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box for more than 10 seconds to erase the EPS control