Windshield Wiper Motor
1. Open the hood and remove the cap nuts and the
NOTE: Carefully remove the wiper arms so that they
do not touch the hood.
2. Remove the windshield lower molding, hood seal and
air scoop by prying off the trim clips and removing
the screws (see page 23-281).
3. Disconnect the 5-P connector from the wiper mo-
tor assembly, then remove the 2 mounting bolts and
the wiper linkage assembly.
WIPER LINKAGE ASSEMBLY
4. Remove the 3 mounting bolts and 1 nut from the
wiper linkage assembly to remove the wiper motor.
18 N·m (1.8 kg-m, 12.8 Ib-ft)
8 N·m (0.8 kg-m.
5. Install the wiper motor assembly in the reverse ord-
er of removal.
All SRS electrical wiring harnesses are covered with
yellow outer insulation.
Before disconnecting the SRS wire harness, install
the short connector on the airbag (see page 23-323).
Replace the entire affected SRS harness assembly
if it has an open circuit or damaged wiring.
SRS MAIN WIRE HARNESS
1. Remove the dashboard lower cover and disconnect
the 2-P connectors from the floor wire harness.
2. Disconnect the 18-P connector from the floor wire
CAUTION: Be careful not to damage the SRS wires.
3. Remove the tilt cover.
4. Remove the steering column lower cover and upper
NOTE: Be careful not to damage the steering
5. Remove the 4 screws, then remove the hazard
switch and wiper/washer switch assembly.