SRS wire harnesses are routed near the carpet.
2. Detach the clips at the front edge (passenger’s).
3, Remove the console carpet attaching screw from the heater unit (passenger’s).
4. Disconnect the air duct (driver’s) and air vent, then remove the carpet hooks from the dashboard inside screws.
HARNESS SRS UNIT
Side sill pad (See page 20-38)
Rear side trim panel (See page 20-38)
Center armrest (See page 20-49)
Center console panel (See page 20-52)
Seats (See page 20-39)
Under-dash fuse box lid (See page 20-38)
Side sill trim (See page 20-38)
All SRS wiring harnesses are covered with
yellow outer insulation.
Before disconnecting any part of the SRS wire
harness, install the short connectors (see page
Replace the entire affected SRS harness assem-
bly if it has an open circuit or damaged wiring.
5. Pull up the retainers, then remove the floor carpets.
6. Remove the console carpets.
7. Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Take care not to damage, wrinkle or twist the carpets.
Make sure the air vents are connected into the heater unit and air duct.
Make sure the seat harnesses are routed correctly.