1. Remove the linear solenoid connector.
2. Measure the resistance between the A and B terminal.
View from terminal side
3. Replace the linear solenoid if resistance is out of
4. Connect the B terminal of the linear solenoid con-
nector to the battery positive terminal and the A
terminal to the battery negative terminal. A clicking
sound should be heard.
5. If not, replace the linear solenoid.
LINEAR SOLENOID INSTALLATION DISTANCE:
Measurement of distance
Clean the mounting
NOTE: Select the appropriate shim when the linear sole-
noid is replaced.
1. Remove the linear solenoid and shim from the trans-
2. Clean the mounting surface.
3. Measure the distance between the mounting surface
of the linear solenoid and the throttle valve body.
23.5 – 23.7 mm (0.925 – 0.933 in)
NOTE: If the measurement of distance is 21.6 mm
(0.850 in), select the shim of 2.0 mm (0.079 in) to ob-
tain the installation distance of 23.6 mm (0.929 in).
STANDARD: 5.0 5.5 (at 70°F, 20°C)
4. Select a new shim from the chart below.
NOTE: Identification color is painted on the side of
LINEAR SOLENOID SHIM
5. Apply liquid gasket to both sides of the linear
solenoid shim as shown. Use liquid gasket Part No.
Install the linear solenoid within 10 minute of
applying the liquid gasket.
After installation, wipe off any liquid gasket, that
squeezed out from around the linear solenoid
Check that the mounting surfaces are clean and
dry before applying liquid gasket. Degrease if
Apply the liquid gasket evenly.
Do not install the parts if 10 minutes or more has
passed since you first applied the liquid gasket.
If 10 minutes has passed, reapply liquid gasket
after removing the residue.
Wait at least 30 minutes before filling with oil.
Do not apply liquid gasket
here on either side.
Apply liquid gasket
here on both side.
6. Install the linear solenoid and shim to the
6 x 1.0 mm
(1.0 kg-m. 7 Ib-ft)
Clean mounting surface.