SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS
component locations, precautions, and procedures in the
SRS section 24 before performing repairs or service.
1. Remove the dashboard lower cover, and disconnect
the floor wire harness connectors.
2. Remove the two screws, then remove the dashboard
lower pad from the dashboard.
3. Remove the three screws, then remove the tilt cover
from the steering column.
4. Disconnect the connectors from the instrument
5. Remove the six screws, then remove the instrument
panel trim from the dashboard.
INSTRUMENT PANEL TRIM
6. Remove the eight screws, then remove the steering
7. Disconnect the 30-P connectors from both sides of
the gauge assembly.
8. Lay a protective cloth on the combination switches
to prevent scratching the gauge assembly. Remove
the four screws, then take out the gauge assembly