SRS components are located in this area. Review the
SRS component locations, precautions, and procedures
in the SRS section 24 before performing repairs or ser-
1. Disconnect both the negative cable and positive
cable from the battery.
2. Remove the airbag assembly and steering wheel
from the column (see page 17-45).
3. Remove the dashboard lower panel, dashboard
lower pad, and dashboard brace.
4. Disconnect the connector between the cable reel
and the SRS main harness, then remove the con-
5. Remove the column lower panel.
SRS MAIN HARNESS
6. Remove the column covers.
NOTE: Be careful not to damage the column covers.
UPPER COLUMN COVER
7. Disconnect the TCS sensor connector.
TCS SENSOR CONNECTOR
8. Remove the combination switch assembly from the
NOTE: The combination switch can be removed by
disconnecting only the TCS sensor connector.
9. Remove the steering joint cover.
STEERING JOINT COVER
10. Remove the steering joint bolts and toothed lock
washers from the steering joint.
STEERING JOINT BOLTS
11. Disconnect the ignition switch connectors and
remove the column holder, then remove the steer-
ing column assembly by removing the 8 mm bolts
and flange nuts.
HOLDER 8 mm FLANGE NUTS
8 mm BOLTS